- Keep staff well informed regarding health related problems of the individual served; discussing reasons for treatments, medications, etc. with the appropriate parties.
- Maintain an open relationship between self and all other staff members.
- In-service staff on medically-related issues as required.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines are followed per federal, state and agency requirements.
- Be available to assist program staff as needed.
- Conduct monthly home visits to review medical documentation and complete sample of medication passes.
- Conduct monthly chart audit for issues with follow up.
- Process cycle fill medications monthly.
- Order medications and check for accuracy.
- Manage pharmacy issues.
- Review Medication Reports (MAR) monthly
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
- Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- May be asked to work some evenings when required.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)