- Promote favorable public relations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with family members/guardians/others for persons supported, contributors, volunteers, board members, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Represent the organization to parents/family members/guardians of persons served at civic functions, political forums, and other functions associated with developmental disabilities.
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential donors supporting the Evergreen mission.
- Assists the Chief Development Officer with church relations and special projects related to churches.
- Represents Evergreen at meetings as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
- Work closely with the social media department to establish plans for marketing events and programs.
- Establish a realistic budget for events and account for anticipated fundraising outcomes.
- Works with the marketing departments to promote fundraising events using flyers, advertisements, and digital marketing outreach.
- Assume responsibility for various fundraising efforts, including obtaining items for sale in auctions and acquiring donations.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and developing event opportunities.
- Analyze fundraising outcomes to determine effectiveness for future projects.
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding.
- Remains current with fundraising and donor recognition programs, practices, and procedures utilized in the not-for-profit sector and works with the Chief Development Officer to create a timeline of events, public relations, and marketing plans in the assigned divisions.
- Completes other duties as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Two or more years of successful experience in personal philanthropic fundraising and/or consultative sales are required.
- Excellent listening, speaking, and writing skills are required.
- Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Ability to obtain appointments with donors/prospects and understand their philanthropic goals and connection with ELS.
- Interest in and passion for the ELS mission. Ability to explain its case for support compellingly and persuasively.
- Must be able to deal with questions and objections professionally and effectively.
- Must have high ethical standards, be self-directed, and work productively without direct supervision.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of MS Suite of products as well as Google applications. Ability to learn additional software programs as needed.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in a fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Periodically moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- May attend seminars or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)