- Supervising staff and scheduling them for their assigned shifts.
- Taking disciplinary action as necessary.
- Functioning as a Program Coordinator for individuals served.
- Assisting in the developing, preparation, and monitoring of individuals served plan of care according to the guidelines of the developmental and/or finding, and according to the needs of the individual served.
- Interviewing prospective individuals served and families
- Coordinating and arranging appointments, meetings, etc.
- Serving as a support for the individual served, their family, and Evergreen staff who provide services.
- Monitoring budgetary requirements and expenditures.
- Ensuring that all policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines are followed.
- Assisting in scheduling individuals served specific training and in maintaining documentation of such training.
- Working flexible hours as requested by Executive Director.
- Staff performance evaluations.
- Participate actively in hiring staff in their perspective home assignment.
- Prefer a four (4) year degree or any combination of education and experience in serving individuals with disabilities, or four (4) years full-time equivalent experience in a supervisory position, preferably in the field of mental health or related field.
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in serving individuals with disabilities.
- Experience in supervising staff, monitoring budgets, and following licensing and regulatory guidelines.
- Needs a clear understanding of administrative procedures and personnel management.
- Needs an understanding of Medicaid guidelines as they relate to programming.
- Needs an understanding of guidelines for individuals served receiving Supported Living, Assisted Living, or In-Home Waiver Services.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications and aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Will supervise
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals served and their families.
- Must be creative in problem-solving and planning.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, professionals, and with persons from other agencies.
Work Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)