Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Make general repairs to buildings, interiors, exteriors, furniture, fixtures, air conditioning/heating systems, and other mechanical and related fields such as plumbing, carpentry, and electrical; paints buildings, interiors, exteriors, furniture, etc.
- Make limited repairs to appliances, replace parts, and make adjustments.
- Move furniture and other items as required from one location to another.
- Perform monthly inspections and preventive maintenance on assigned company vehicles and ensure maintenance and inspections done routinely and as required.
- Complete necessary maintenance documentation and maintain accurate records as required.
- Maintain outside lawn and landscape areas as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 6 months relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of computer for general data entry.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Frequently able to climb on ladders, kneel, bend, and stoop.
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with individual(s) served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing supports for individual(s) served
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)