Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
- Type memos, letters and other materials as assigned
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Receive and redirect all incoming telephone calls
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and express packages
- Assist with the submission and coding of accounts payable
- Compile data as requested
- Assist with leave request administration and documentation
- Complete filing as requested
- Screen potential applicants as requested
- Refer screened applicants to Home Managers, as needed
- Process selected employee packets in preparation for submittal to Corporate Office
- Process and schedule all potential employees drug screen
- Coordinate all employees Hepatitis B and TB records
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant or Executive Director
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- One (1) year minimum of general office experience
- Read, write and follow verbal and written instructions
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to write basic business letters
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contact from other agencies or entities
- Function successfully in stressful situations
- Ability to work extra hours when needed
General office environment.
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)