Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Oversee work performance of direct care staff, which includes direct supervision and resolving problems at hand during the absence of specific instructions, i.e. low supplies, tracking outcomes, reviewing daily notes for completeness, managing overtime and staffing issues.
- Assist with scheduling medical appointments, as well as follow-up, which includes attending appointments with individuals served; monitoring medications to include reviewing MAR’s to ensure accuracy, ordering medications and discarding unused or expired medications; following up with other professionals, i.e. PT, OT, SLP, and Nutritionist. Ensure all medical forms are completed in full before leaving physician’s office, i.e. physical, dental, consultations, lab reports, quarterly psych reviews, TD screenings, etc. Ensure documentation of phone contacts with medical providers and other professionals.
- ·Ensure that all food, supplies, and equipment are properly stored and cared for, such as cleaning and medical supplies. Making sure the home is clean and sanitary at all times to include the care and maintenance of the home and grounds; maintaining of Evergreen vehicles, i.e. cleaning, fuel, routine maintenance of oil changes, brakes, tires, etc. Assures individuals served are free of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment, which includes making sure accident reports, incident reports and medication error reports, are completed. Working unscheduled shifts as needed at the request of the Residential Supervisor.
- Monitoring individuals served petty cash, budget requirements and expenditures by keeping track of receipts, monitoring individuals served spending and food stamp spending.
- Reviewing and completing written reports relating to the Supported Living home(s), which include documentation checklist, weekly summaries, monthly reviews, etc.
- Supervise the individuals served transportation requirements.
- Resolve problems at hand during the absence of specific instructions.
- Support any other duties required by the needs of the individuals served, Circle of Support, Program Coordinator, Program Director, or Director.
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- A combination of education or experience equivalent to a 2-year degree in one of the behavioral sciences or experience in supporting individuals who have developmental/intellectual disabilities.
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Occasionally travels
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful situation
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to move constantly about to coordinate work
- Must be constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Will supervise
- Ability to meet the public in a manner that reflects creditably upon the organization and must have the ability to deal with individuals served and staff in a manner that is conducive to harmony and their best efforts
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to make decisions
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with individuals served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing support for individuals served
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)