Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Maintain caseload as assigned.
- Develop, prepare, and monitor individual support plans according to the guidelines of the appropriate federal and/or state agency (ies).
- Coordinate and arrange appointments, meetings and other administrative matters on behalf of individual served.
- Assist in supportive role for the individual served and his/her family and work with appropriate agency on behalf of assigned individual served.
- Coordinate interviews with prospective individuals and their families and complete appropriate admission paperwork. Additionally, process discharges as needed.
- Conduct unannounced visits as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted by the appropriate due date(s).
- Assist the Executive Director or designee in the expansion of current programs and supports and with the development of new services/supports.
- Work with the Executive Director in promoting community acceptance and support through participation in community activities or liaison efforts with other agencies or entities.
- Abide by all policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines for safety, quality assurance and general corporate oversight. Ensure quality of services for all programs.
- Assist with specialized training of staff members as required.
- Oversee and monitor the work of assigned staff as requested by the Executive Director or designee.
- Provide technical assistance to administrative staff
- Monitor timesheets, mileage sheets, and daily schedules of administrative staff.
- Assist in homes as needed to ensure staff coverage at all times.
- State required educational requirements. Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of experience working in the field of ID/DD.
- Must have working knowledge of matching specific supports and interventions to the unique. needs of the people in the home.
- Must have a working knowledge of person centeredness.
- Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new computer skills and techniques.
- Occasionally travels
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Will have direct reports
- Ability to meet the public in a manner that reflects creditably upon the organization and must have the ability to deal with individuals served and staff in a manner that is conducive to harmony and their best efforts
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to make decisions
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with individuals served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing supports for individual(s) served
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine and are fully vaccinated, or you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)