Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
Position Description: Medical Residential Manager
- Assist program staff with physicians and pharmacy issues.
- Keep staff well informed regarding health related problems of the individual served; discussing reasons for treatments, medications, etc. with the appropriate parties.
- Work monthly with individual program staff on medical issues of individuals served, this includes one on one training.
- Develop medical crisis plan for all individuals with uncontrolled/chronic medical conditions and train staff on these plans.
- In-service staff on medical-related issues as required.
- Conduct chart audits as required for issues with follow up.
- Review MARS and complete medication variance forms for RN as required.
- Process cycle fill medications monthly.
- Order medications and check for accuracy.
- Manage pharmacy issues.
- Oversee the work performance of all direct care staff
- Develop staff schedule and publish
- Collect, assimilate, approve and submit all appropriate documentation for payroll processing
- Complete annual performance evaluation
- Ensure that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and establish resolution including administration of conduct staff meetings with direct care staff and provide training when necessary
- Responsible for the health and welfare of clients
- Schedule all medical appointments
- Advocate clients rights when appropriate
- Schedule client activities
- Ensure fire and evacuation procedures are up to date and train accordingly
- Enhance the quality of life for clients
- Participate in selection and placement of new staff
- Oversee all care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds for the community home
- Schedule and make certain vehicle maintenance is completed
- Responsible for the overall financial success of community home(s)
- Maintain finances within assigned budget
- Process all invoices and submit to home office in timely manner
- Keep overtime to a minimum
- Ensure all house inventories (food, supplies, clothing) are complete and proper amounts are available as Make certain all efforts are made to maintain responsible utility, repair, and transportation expenses
- Be in compliance with standards for annual survey
- Prepare and submit any and all required documents in a timely manner (i.e. program notes, invoices/bills, state required documents, payroll, client financial information)
- Oversee client finances and ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the administration of such discipline, corrections and reinforcements as required needed
- Maintain relationship with client’s family and work to ensure best outcome for client
- Follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Evergreen
- Must be a graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Program; current license required.
- Minimum of one-year clinically relevant experience required. Experience working with elderly, or intellectually disabled preferred
- Must have knowledge of and technical skills of medical nursing procedures, first aid, and basic principles of nursing.
- Must know or learn about intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Will supervise
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
- Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to work some evenings when required.
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)