$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Directs the entire operations and programming of one (1) community home
- Oversees the work performance of all direct care staff
- Responsible for the health and welfare of individual(s) served
- Participate in the selection, placement, and training of new staff
- Manages all care and maintenance of buildings and grounds for the community home
- Schedule and ensure vehicle maintenance is completed
- Responsible for the overall financial success of community home(s)
- Ensure compliance with standards for annual survey
- Prepare and submit all required documents in a timely manner (i.e., program notes, invoices/bills, state required documents, payroll, individual(s) served financial information)
- Oversee individual(s) served finances and ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the administration of such
- Maintain relationship with the family of each individual(s) served and work to ensure best outcome
- Serve as a role model for both individual(s) served and staff
- Follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Evergreen
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or GED; college degree preferred
- CMA certification within two (2) years of being in Home Director position
- Three (3) years of direct support experience and some supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to communicate well both in written and oral forms
- Good organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Must be adaptable and have good decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications, with the aptitude to learn additional software and programs
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Routinely works in a fast-paced environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Will supervise a minimum of six (6) employees
- May be required to attend seminars or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)