Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Schedules medical appointments and follow-ups
- Monitoring medications, which includes reviewing MAR’s to assure accuracy, ordering medications, and discarding unused or expired medications
- Coordinate/follow up with other professionals, i.e. PT, OT, SLP and Nutritionist.
- Follow-up with medical recommendations-also ensure Program Coordinator is award of any recommendations.
- Ensure that all medical forms are completed in full, before leaving physician’s office, i.e. physical, dental, consultations, lab reports, quarterly psychology reviews, etc.
- Ensure documentation of phone contacts with medical providers and other professionals.
- Ensure that all food, supplies, and equipment are properly stored and cared for, such as cleaning and medical supplies as well as proper maintenance of vehicles used for transportation of consumers.
- Ensure the home is clean and sanitary at all times, which includes care and maintenance of the home and grounds.
- Maintenance of Evergreen vehicles, i.e. cleaning, fuel, and routine maintenance of vehicles used for transportation, which includes oil changes, brakes, tires, etc.
- Assuring individual(s) served are free of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment, which includes making sure accident reports, incident reports and medication error reports are completed.
- Provide input to Program Coordinator regarding the performance of direct care staff.
- Working unscheduled shifts as needed at the request of Program Coordinator, or assisting the PC in locating suitable staff to fill shifts.
- Monitoring consumer petty cash, budget requirements and expenditures
- Ensure an appropriate amount of petty cash is kept in the individuals’ home and keeping track of receipts
- Monitoring individual spending
- Monitoring individual food stamps
- Review and complete written reports relating to the assign, which includes documentation checklist, weekly summaries, month reviews, etc.
- Ensuring that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and any violations are reported to the Program Coordinator.
- Monitor individual(s) served transportation requirements.
- Resolve problems at hand in the absence of specific instructions from management related to individual(s) served.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in maintenance, documentation of individual(s) served specific training.
- Any other duties required by the needs of the individual(s) served.
- A combination of education or experience equivalent to a two (2) year degree in one of the behavioral sciences or experience in supporting individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
- Will supervise
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Página Web de la Compañía: evergreenls.org
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)