$1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
- Ensure the health and welfare of the individuals served.
- Assist individuals served with medication and treatment plans as needed. Count and dispense appropriate medications as outlined in State medication administration guidelines.
- Train individuals served in the care and cleaning of their living area or home by performing and modeling simple task such as making bed, cleaning floor, and other basic housekeeping task.
- Clean living area and assist individuals served with laundry.
- Report general maintenance needs of living area or home unit.
- Assist individuals served with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping
- Assist individuals served with daily life activities(when applicable) such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and personal hygiene.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Active Treatment Plan and Nutritional, Behavior, and Physical Support plans.
- Accompany and transport individuals served to activities such as medical/dental appointments, church services, recreation areas, work, and shopping as requested.
- Complete all required documentation (i.e. daily notes, incident reports, medical information such as seizures, vital signs as trained medication errors, etc.) in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Presbyterian Ministries, Inc. policies and procedures
- Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested.
- Assist individuals served with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s)
- Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well-being of all involved.
- Report accidents/incidents and suspected cases of abuse or neglect of individuals served per Evergreen policies and procedures.
- Provide instruction to individuals served involved in work activities associated with vocational opportunities
- Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record per Evergreen policy for insurance purposes and proof of liability coverage if a vehicle is owned
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
- Submit to and pass drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet)
- Successful completion of appropriate State required medication administration certification and up to date training
- At least six (6) months of prior experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds while assisting individuals served in home, workshop, or job site.
- Regularly assist individuals served physically by lifting and positioning them as appropriate
- Constantly alert and aware to consumer’s needs
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
- Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life
- Function successfully in stressful situations
- Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model for individuals served
- Complete all orientation and on the job training prior to starting work
- Work assigned shifts as required by management
- Attend all training classes as required
Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in seven states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in it's mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)